Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology: Reno

Formal application is required for admission to the degree programs of the Graduate School. Applicants to the Speech Pathology Graduate program should have a Bachelor's Degree in Speech Pathology and/or Audiology. Applicants for the Master's Program must have a minimum G.P.A. of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores must be submitted as part of the application. Only the verbal and quantitative scores are required; no advanced tests are necessary. Consideration for admission to graduate study in Speech Pathology is based on the apparent potential for successful completion of the degree as indicated by undergraduate performance, Letters of Recommendation, and GRE scores.

All applicants should submit official transcripts, current GRE scores, a Statement of Purpose (Letter of Intent), and three Letters of Recommendation from academic and professional sources. At least two letters must be from former teachers of higher education. All application documents should be submitted electronically via the Graduate School Application online form. Letters of Recommendation may be submitted electronically or mailed to: University of Nevada Graduate School, Mail Stop 0326, Reno, Nevada 89557-0326.

Note: Beginning with Fall 2015 applications (due by February 1, 2015), University of Nevada, Reno undergraduates and graduate specials are required to submit Letters of Recommendation from faculty outside of the Department of Speech Pathology & Audiology.

All application materials must be received by February 1 for the following Fall Semester admission. Only complete applications will be considered; therefore, it is recommended you submit all materials well in advance of the deadline. The Graduate School notifies all applicants about admission outcome. Students who are considering applying to the University of Nevada are encouraged to visit the program. We suggest making an appointment before arriving so that arrangements for a productive and informative visit can be made. Also, we encourage contacting the Department at any time with questions or concerns you may have.