Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology: Reno
To be admitted to the Speech Pathology Master's program, you must formally apply through the University of Nevada, Reno's Graduate School. See the Graduate School for Application Information.
All applicants should submit the following documents electronically via the Graduate School Application online form.
- Official transcripts
- Current GRE scores
- A Statement of Purpose (Letter of Intent)
- Three Letters of Recommendation by a professional. Letters of Recommendation may be submitted electronically.
All application materials listed above must be RECEIVED BY February 1st for the following Fall Semester admission. Only completed applications will be considered; therefore, it is recommended you submit all materials well in advance of the deadline. Please note that we do NOT require a writing sample.
The Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology (SPA) Graduate Selection Committee will review completed applications beginning in February. The committee will select an incoming class of 25 students and will select 10-15 students to place on an Alternate/Wait List. After the committee completes the selection process, the Dean of the Graduate School must approve the recommendations. The Graduate School notifies all applicants of their status (accepted or not accepted).
Students who are considering applying to the University of Nevada are encouraged to visit the program. We suggest making an appointment before arriving so that arrangements for a productive and informative visit can be made. Also, we encourage contacting the Department at any time with questions or concerns you may have.
Applicants to the Speech Pathology Graduate program should have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Speech Pathology and/or Audiology OR completion of Graduate Special course plan.
- Minimum G.P.A. of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores must be submitted as part of the application. Only the verbal and quantitative scores are required; no advanced tests are necessary.