Trans Voice and Communication Clinic
Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology: Reno
About the clinic
The Trans Voice and Communication Clinic serves the Reno-Sparks and surrounding community Transgender population (FtM and MtF). The clinic provides assessments and individualized treatment programs to all ages for the purpose of Wednesday and masculinization of voice and communication skills. The University of Nevada, Reno Speech and Hearing Center and its clinics are a Safe Zone. Clinicians and supervisors are LGBTQIA friendly.
"The voice clinic experience was very professional and extremely beneficial. Thank you!"
—Rhonda, summer 2014
Summer 2014 was our pilot program for this clinic. We held clinic on Fridays from 4 to 5pm during the summer of 2014. This clinic and its services are in development and will continue to expand and address the needs of the community. The pilot program was not a fee for service. However, in the future, this clinic will shift to fee for service.
Hours of Operation
- Summer 2014. Pilot semester. Fridays from 4 to 5 pm.
- Spring/Summer 2015 semester. We are currently recruiting for our research study to be conducted during the spring 2015 semester. We are conducting a research study to learn the effect of a voice and communication therapy aimed at feminizing the voice and verbal and nonverbal communication for male to female transgender individuals.
- Volunteers are required to be new to the UNR Transgender Voice and Communication Clinic. If you volunteer to be in this study, you will be asked to attend the UNR Transgender Voice and Communication Clinic 2x/week. Participants will be randomly selected when they will receive the treatment. Participants could wait up to 3 to 12 weeks to begin weekly therapy sessions. Once treatment begins, participant will attend the clinic 2x/week: 1x/week for 10-20 minutes and 1x/week for 70-90 minutes for approximately 7 weeks. You will be asked to come one-month post treatment 2x/week for approximately 3 weeks.
- If you are interested in participating, please contact Abbie Olszewski at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer 2015. We anticipate serving many clients for the summer treatment period. The clinic will run from Wednesday, June 10, 2015 to Wednesday July 29, 2015, once weekly. Space is limited. Please contact Rachael Walden at email@example.com to enroll for the summer.
In the News
Visit our UNR Transgender Voice and Communication Clinic "In the News" page to find out more.
The University of Nevada School of Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation. The University of Nevada School of Medicine is dedicated to protecting the privacy and security of your medical information. Please do not use email to communicate your personal health information to physicians or other patient care staff.