Admissions and Student Affairs
Medical School is a journey. While it is a very rewarding journey, it can also be very physically and emotionally demanding. Medical students' well-being and health habits influence their academic performance, emotional adjustment, and future functioning as physicians. That is why the UNSOM believes it is important to have a program in place for medical students to promote their mental, emotional and physical well-being. By providing a wellness program to medical students early and throughout their medical education, UNSOM seeks to positively affect students' functioning and provide resources to better equip medical students to address their health and well-being issues effectively. The UNSOM Wellness Program for medical students address several different areas of wellness including mental, emotional, physical activity, nutrition, and social. These areas are addressed through a variety of activities year to year.
Wellness Program Coordinator: Adrienne DeLucchi, (775) 682-8355 or email@example.com.
Programs & Events
- UNSOM N-ergy Program
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program 2013
- Wellness Workshops
- Dealing with Test Anxiety
- Academic Performance Enhancement
- It's Never Too Late to Study Smarter!
- Stress Management Techniques
- Clinical Nutrition Applications
- Cheap, Quick, & Healthy: Meal Planning
- Preparing for Step 1 Panel
- And more to come!
- Wellness Events & Activities
- Cinco de Mayo Piñata Party
- Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest
- Secret Santa Gift Exchange Party
- Valentine's Day Fondue Party
- Salsa Dancing Lessons
- Group Wellness Hikes
- Fun Runs
- Annual UNSOM Talent Show hosted by the SWC
- Weekly Vinyasa Yoga
- And more!
- Get Your Health On! Student Health Fair
- Wellness in the News!
- AMSA A Primer on Medical Student Well-Being
- Campus Student Health and Counseling Resources
- Online Medical Student Wellness & Burnout Resources
- Medical Student Stress and Burnout Pamphlet
- UNSOM Wellness Cookbook
- Medical Student Health & Wellness Discounts
- Radio Rounds — The first weekly medical talk show in the United States that is hosted and produced entirely by medical students to promote the qualities of empathy and humanism in medicine.