About the School of Medicine
About the University of Nevada School of Medicine
Advancing Medicine and Health
The University of Nevada School of Medicine for more than four decades has prepared physicians who are leading the way to better health for Nevada, the nation and the world. Our more than 1,800 M.D. graduates have received advanced education to provide the best in service to the fields of primary and specialty care, as well as medical research.
The School of Medicine's first two years are based on a progressive model of education centered around human systems, enhanced with clinical learning experiences from the very beginning of the program. Graduate medical education (residency) programs prepare tomorrow's physicians for a host of medical specialties.
The University of Nevada School of Medicine is a fully accredited allopathic (M.D.-granting) medical school originally founded to produce physicians for Nevada's far-flung communities. The School now offers unique opportunities for students interested in benefiting from a variety of educational environments, from urban emergency departments to frontier patient centers to advanced research laboratories.
The University of Nevada School of Medicine operates an independent, multispecialty statewide physician practice group. Its mission is to provide the highest quality care to patients and teach the physicians of tomorrow. The multispecialty practice offers Patient Care Center offices and physicians located throughout the state, including Las Vegas, Henderson, Reno and rural communities.
Under the Office of the Dean are the following Administrative Services:
- Admissions and Student Affairs
- Careers: Careers at the University of Nevada School of Medicine
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Human Resources
- Human Resources: Integrated Clinical Services
- Marketing and Communications
- Office for Community Faculty
- Office of Academic Affairs
- Office of Admissions
- Office of Budget and Finance
- Office of Compliance and Quality Improvement
- Office of Continuing Medical Education
- Office of Faculty Development
- Office of Graduate Medical Education
- Office of Legal Affairs
- Office of Medical Education
- Office of Statewide Initiatives
- Savitt Medical Library
- Student Affairs